March 2015 Galaxy Release (v 15.03)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

March 2015 Galaxy Release (v 15.03)

Jennifer Hillman-Jackson

width=175

Complete Release Notes 

Highlights

  • Release Versioning

    • Starting with this distribution, an updated Galaxy release versioning system has been implemented. The versioning scheme is Ubuntu-style.

    Github

    • Galaxy development has moved to Github, but stable/release changes are mirrored to Bitbucket. Deployers can continue to use Bitbucket as they have done in the past. Release branches discussed in the full release notes.

    Tool Redesign

    • Much of Galaxy’s core tool set has been redesigned. Several contain new functionality. These tools are included in the Tool Shed and many are ready for use on Galaxy Main.

Get the Galaxy Release 



Thanks for using Galaxy! 
The Galaxy Team


--
Jennifer Hillman-Jackson

___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  https://lists.galaxyproject.org/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: March 2015 Galaxy Release (v 15.03)

Peter Cock
Thanks Jen & the whole Galaxy team.

I'm slightly disappointed the four digit year lobby group (yyyy.mm)
lost out to the yy.mm faction, but overall I'm very glad to see Galaxy
finally has real version numbers :)

Regards,

Peter


On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Jennifer Hillman-Jackson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> March 2015 Galaxy Release (v 15.03)
>
> Complete Release Notes
>
> Highlights
>
> Release Versioning
>
> Starting with this distribution, an updated Galaxy release versioning system
> has been implemented. The versioning scheme is Ubuntu-style.
>
> Github
>
> Galaxy development has moved to Github, but stable/release changes are
> mirrored to Bitbucket. Deployers can continue to use Bitbucket as they have
> done in the past. Release branches discussed in the full release notes.
>
> Tool Redesign
>
> Much of Galaxy’s core tool set has been redesigned. Several contain new
> functionality. These tools are included in the Tool Shed and many are ready
> for use on Galaxy Main.
>
> Get the Galaxy Release
>
>
>
> getgalaxy.org
>
> galaxy-dist.readthedocs.org
>
> bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist
>
> new:
>
> $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist#stable
>
> upgrade:
>
> $ hg pull
> $ hg update latest_15.03
>
>
>
> Thanks for using Galaxy!
> The Galaxy Team
>
>
> --
> Jennifer Hillman-Jackson
> http://galaxyproject.org
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  https://lists.galaxyproject.org/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/