upload from dropbox

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

upload from dropbox

Matthias Bernt
Dear list and a happy new year,

does anyone has experience with upload from dropbox to galaxy (by
pasting the shared link)? I always get an empty dataset with the
additional info "The uploaded file contains inappropriate HTML content".

I guess the dropbox download link is not actually a real download link
but a link to a website that contains some javascript button that starts
the download...

Best,
Matthias


--

-------------------------------------------
Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann
-------------------------------------------
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  https://lists.galaxyproject.org/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upload from dropbox

Curtis Hendrickeduson
Matthias, 

The default link generated by dropbox ends in http….?dl=0, which brings up a webpage with a download option. 
To get a direct download, change the suffix to ?dl=1

Perhaps you could even hack galaxy’s upload script to recognize these URLs and patch them on the fly - that would be a public service to us all. 

Example: 

View in a web page (default link generated by system right-click or other dropbox bits):
Download raw file: 
<a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozr67t1yt378665/NetFlix French for Kids.docx?dl=1" class="">https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqsz785od3rxzhv/hello.txt?dl=1

I pasted this URL into usegalaxy.org, set data type to tabular, and it worked fine: https://usegalaxy.org/u/curtish-uab/h/dropboxcom-test


Regards, 
Curtis 

On Jan 16, 2018, at 8:12 AM, Matthias Bernt <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear list and a happy new year,

does anyone has experience with upload from dropbox to galaxy (by pasting the shared link)? I always get an empty dataset with the additional info "The uploaded file contains inappropriate HTML content".

I guess the dropbox download link is not actually a real download link but a link to a website that contains some javascript button that starts the download...

Best,
Matthias


--

-------------------------------------------
Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann
-------------------------------------------
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
https://lists.galaxyproject.org/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
http://galaxyproject.org/search/


___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  https://lists.galaxyproject.org/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upload from dropbox

Matthias Bernt
Hi Curtis,

thanks for your comments. In addition I found out that wget works
irrespective of the suffix. So setting the user agent might also help. I
opened an issue and wait for some comments:

https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/issues/5330

Best,
Matthias


On 17.01.2018 20:38, Hendrickson, Curtis (Campus) wrote:

> Matthias,
>
> The default link generated by dropbox ends in http….?dl=0, which brings
> up a webpage with a download option.
> To get a direct download, change the suffix to ?dl=1
>
> Perhaps you could even hack galaxy’s upload script to recognize these
> URLs and patch them on the fly - that would be a public service to us all.
>
> Example:
>
> View in a web page (default link generated by system right-click or
> other dropbox bits):
> _https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqsz785od3rxzhv/hello.txt?dl=0_
> Download raw file:
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqsz785od3rxzhv/hello.txt?dl=1>https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqsz785od3rxzhv/hello.txt?dl= 
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozr67t1yt378665/NetFlix French for
> Kids.docx?dl=1>1
>
> I pasted this URL into usegalaxy.org <http://usegalaxy.org>, set data
> type to tabular, and it worked fine:
> https://usegalaxy.org/u/curtish-uab/h/dropboxcom-test
>
>
> Regards,
> Curtis
>
>> On Jan 16, 2018, at 8:12 AM, Matthias Bernt <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear list and a happy new year,
>>
>> does anyone has experience with upload from dropbox to galaxy (by
>> pasting the shared link)? I always get an empty dataset with the
>> additional info "The uploaded file contains inappropriate HTML content".
>>
>> I guess the dropbox download link is not actually a real download link
>> but a link to a website that contains some javascript button that
>> starts the download...
>>
>> Best,
>> Matthias
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> -------------------------------------------
>> Matthias Bernt
>> Bioinformatics Service
>> Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
>> Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
>> Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
>> Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
>> Phone +49 341 235 482296,
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, www.ufz.de <http://www.ufz.de>
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
>> Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
>> Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
>> MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
>> Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
>> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
>> Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
>> Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann
>> -------------------------------------------
>> ___________________________________________________________
>> Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
>> in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
>> and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
>> https://lists.galaxyproject.org/
>>
>> To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
>> http://galaxyproject.org/search/
>

--

-------------------------------------------
Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann
-------------------------------------------
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  https://lists.galaxyproject.org/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/